The Medical Association of Billers welcomes and encourages you to join the association who is both friendly and approachable. We understand that we grow because you grow both personally and professionally. We are here for you every step of your journey from front office, to billing, to coding and eventually to practice management. The MAB can help you reach your personal and professional goals! When you join the MAB you join with thousands of billers around the country and together we can make a difference!
It is important to join a well known, professional association like the MAB; it shows employers that you work to the highest ethical standards. With the rapidly changing billing, coding and compliance regulations it is difficult to keep up with all of the changes ourselves. The MAB provides you with the latest information on: Medicare and TRICARE Changes, Coding & Reimbursement Trends, Medical Electronic Claim Submission, Healthcare Insurance Regulations, Medical Accounts Receivable Strategies, Managed Care Trends, and Audit Protection. We provide compliance information to provider’s offices; turning potential legal issues into effective business tools, rather than business expenses.
With the advent of HIPAA, the Correct Coding Initiative and the Balanced Budget Act billers should now be trained Medical Billing Specialists. Claims must be coded properly the first time to prevent cash flow problems for providers. Learn how to prevent claims from being "rejected" or "pended" by carriers.
MAB works hard for our members and we are happy to provide you with the following benefits:
- FREE bimonthly newsletter – It contains information on: The basics of completing a "clean" CMS 1500 Form; Basic Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Coding; Keys to Better Diagnostic (ICD) Coding; Medicare Audit Triggers; How to Get Paid for Narrative Reports; Modifiers; Claims Management Techniques; Coding to Maximum Specificity; How to Use Proper CPT Coding to Prevent Under-Coding and Over-Coding; How to Reduce Your Over 30-Day Accounts Receivables; The Most Common Reasons for Medicare Claim Returns, Denials, and Downcoding; Medicare Appeals Process; ICD-10 Implementation, and much more.
- 10% discounts on Certified Medical Billing Specialist® PowerWeekend™ training – The PowerWeekend™ is a perfect refresher class for those interested in the CMBSTM Certification and has been very successful as an introduction for those new to medical billing and coding!
- Discounts on online classes – Save 10% off our online classes.
- Advertise your Professional Affiliation with us – You may list your affiliation on your business cards, brochures and web sites “Proud member of the Medical Association of Billers”.
- Save 10% on MAB products and services.
- Save between 25-40% with PMIC
- MAB Code of Ethics – included FREE in every new member packet.
- MAB Membership Certificate – Certificate is suitable for framing.
- Laminated MAB Membership Card – Carry your membership card in your wallet to show to providers that you are a proud member of the MAB and that you work to the highest ethical standards.
Membership is $100 for electronic newsletters and $115 for printed mailed copies of CodeTrends.
Jump start your career
~ Join Now ~
to view a CodeTrends Newsletter.
to make a payment via our secure shopping cart.
Click here to fill out a form for mailing along with payment. MembershipApplication2015.pdf
Interested in advertising in the CodeTrends Newsletter? Call or email us for a media kit.
Make your voice heard! Participate in our medical billers and coders forum. If you are new to medical billing and coding it is a perfect place to get your questions answered, if you are experienced it is a great way to give back and mentor someone new. Join us and make a difference!